Marco Corleone who has been pulled from shows the past week stated on Thursday that he has been in the hospital with a foot injury which he was working through but he suffered an infection and had to be hospitalized. He said that he would be out of action for at least a couple of weeks more.
New Japan announced the Fantasticamania tour for 2014 which is full of EMLL talent and they will expand from the normal 2 shows at Korakuen Hall by going to 5 shows. The tour starts on January 14th in Osaka then January 15th in Kyoto before having a show at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring in Tokyo on January 17th followed up by the normal two shows at Korakuen Hall on January 18th & 19th.
Sin Cara gave an interview to Tercera Caida while WWE was on tour in Mexico and spoke candidly about his time in WWE saying that he feels like he is going upward now that he is healthy and hasn’t felt this good in a while. Sin Cara also talked about the controversial action figure with him in a sling which was a mistake and he thought it was pretty funny and didn’t take any offense to it. He also was asked about rumors of WWE having interest in Volador Jr. and he welcomed that idea wholeheartedly saying that he thinks he could be big there. The hosts also brought up comments made by the current Mistico about the former Mistico and he said that he is crazy if he thinks that he is better than he was when he was under that gimmick.
Today is the 20th anniversary of the death of one of the most promising young luchadores of his era in Oro who died after breaking his neck taking what he called a “Kenta Kobashi bump” landing neck first after a clothesline by Kahoz in a match where Oro was teaming with Brazo de Plata & La Fiera against Kahoz, Dr. Wagner Jr., & Jaque Mate at Arena Coliseo. Oro lost consciousness after the bump and died on the way to the hospital in what was a national tragedy with even the hated rival promotion AAA even honoring him on their first show after his death. There has been a special mass at Arena Coliseo on the anniversary of his death and this year was no different and last night at Arena Mexico there was a tribute to him after the 4th match which featured Mascara Dorada who works very similarly to a young Oro. If Oro had stayed alive I definitely think he would’ve been in either WCW & WWE during their luchador raiding period of 1996-97.
EMLL 10/25 – Arena Mexico
1. Electrico & Ultimo Dragoncito beat Nitrito & Pequeno Olimpico
2. Estrellita/Goya Kong/Marcela defeated Dalys la Caribena/Princesa Sugei/La Seductora
3. La Peste Negra (Felino/Negro Casas/Mr. Niebla) beat Angel de Oro/La Mascara/Stuka Jr.
4. Lightning Match: Mascara Dorada defeated Niebla Roja in a total showcase of Dorada’s greatness.
5. Blue Panther/Maximo/Mistico II beat Los Guerreros Laguneros (Euforia/Gran Guerrero/Ultimo Guerrero)
6. La Maquina de la Destruccion (Damian el Terrible/Tama Tonga/Vangelis) defeated Rush/La Sombra/Thunder when Tama used the ropes to pin Rush.
IWRG 10/24 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Electro Boy & Fulgore II beat Atomic Star & Sky Angel
2. Fulgore I & Zurdog defeated Emperador Azteca & Latigo
3. Dragon Celestial/Golden Magic/Mr. Leo beat Alan Extreme/Ciclon Black/Guerrero Mixteco with help from Alan Extreme who of course couldn’t get along with his Neza rivals.
4. Dr. Cerebro/Relampago/Veneno defeated Carta Brava Jr./Eterno/Imposible
5. Los Galenos Asesinos (Dr. Wagner III & Hijo del Medico Asesino) beat Las Traumas I y II