Ward knocked out of Night of Legends
Nash to name replacement partner
AWE CEO Marvin Ward has been ruled out of the main event of the Oct. 15 Night of Legends pay-per-view. It was confirmed today that Ward suffered two broken bones in his right forearm. The recovery time for such an injury is 4-6 weeks, meaning Ward will not be healed in time to take part in the Night of Legends show.
Ward had been scheduled to team with “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash in a grudge match against The Rock-n-Roll Express at Night of Legends. Ward had planned the match to be his retirement match 14 years after his career was cut short by a devastating shoulder injury put him on the shelf.
Devastated is a good word to describe Ward after learning that he had been knocked out of the match.
“I worked my entire career to be able to work just one, just one, pay-per-view. I can’t believe they took that chance away from me,” Ward said.
“They” are Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, who attacked Ward following a match on an AWE house show in Woodstock, Va., on Sept. 17. The attack was retaliation for a chairshot delivered by Nash on Morton earlier in the show.
AWE Commissioner Rick Garrison said today that he will permit Nash to choose a replacement partner for Ward for Night of Legends.
Nash, in a statement to Awesome Wrestling Entertainment, said he will bide his time trying to find a new partner.
Speculation has already gotten under way about possible partners – focusing at the outset on Diamond Dallas Page, who was at the AWE house show where the incident took place, and former fellow nWo member Sean Waltman.