ECWA News & Notes – Mar 5th in Newark, DE and SUPER 8 Apr 30th in Voorhees, NJ
March 5th NEWS & NOTES
- After a brutal series of matches with “Hitman” Tony Stetson in the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA) and MEGA in the East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA), “The Beast” Glen Osbourne is taking some time off to heal some injuries. Last year, Osbourne competed in Cage Matches, Pins Count Anywhere Matches, Chain Matches, Last Man Standing Matches and Anything Goes Matches. The physical toll those matches took plus combined with the cumulative bumps of a 20 year career has precipitated this leave. But Osbourne and his REVOLUTION team mates have not forgotten MEGA, the NEW ECWA Heavyweight Champion, and on March 5th, it will be MEGA & the returning Cha Cha Chance (who are former ECWA Tag Team Champions) taking on REVOLUTION in a 2-on-3 Handicap Match with Sebastian Night in their corner.
- On Jan 30th in Voorhees, New Jersey, the makeshift team of Damian Dragon & Matt Saigon pulled off an incredible upset when they defeated the Best Around for the TWA Tag Team Titles. On March 5th, Saigon & Dragon are looking to make lighting strike twice as they once again challenge the Best Around, this time for the ECWA Tag Team Titles!
- On Dec 4th, after Mr. Scott Wright was eliminated in the battle royal to determine a new ECWA Mid-Atlantic Champion, Wright pulled Bazooka Joe out over the top rope to the floor, thus killing Joe’s chance at the championship. An enraged Joe and Wright battled to the dressing room area where they caused property damage due to their actions. ECWA management suspended both competitors for one ECWA event, Jan 15, 2011. Joe challenged Wright to a match on Mar 5th, but Wright scoffed at the challenge and made a very strong argument to ECWA management for a Mid-Atlantic Championship Match. Being that Mr. Scott Wright is a former 2-time ECWA Heavyweight Champion, his request was granted and he will face “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde for the title on Mar 5th.
- Meanwhile, “Greek God” Papadon, who made a grand debut on Jan 15th and defeated young Cono Cappuccia, has called out former ECWA Heavyweight Champion, Bazooka Joe. Papadon has declared that in the “prophecies,” it is written he WILL be the ECWA Heavyweight Champion, and that now he wants the top competition in the ECWA, in this case being the former champion. On Mar 5th, it’s the Strongest Man in the ECWA vs. the Greek God!
- The Heavyweights had a heartbreaking loss to the Best Around in their bid for the ECWA Tag Team Titles on Jan 15th. Chaos ensued when MAGNUM’S MODELING AGENCY (MMA) came to ringside and pulled ECWA referee Mario Zuto out of the ring and prevented him from making the 3 count that would have saw Dan Eckos score a pinfall and win the ECWA Tag Team Titles. It’s no secret that MMA and “Simply Irresistible” Travis Blake has had an issue with Mario Zuto the past few months. The events of the past few months have had Zuto contemplating a return to the ring as a wrestler. Following interference from MMA, The Best Around were able to retain the Tag Team Titles. Tempers flared though as Eckos was HOT at Mario Zuto for not being able to make the 3-count. Cooler heads have since prevailed, as Heavyweight partner Sean Royal and Zuto have talked to Eckos explaining that it was the interference of MMA that cost Eckos & Royal the tag straps. On March 5th, it will be the Heavyweights taking on MMA consisting of Travis Blake & Press Agent Gus Grand w/ Magnum! Magnum has petitioned for Mario Zuto NOT be assigned as official referee for the match considering the personal issue. ECWA management is taking it under advisement, but Zuto has been nothing short of impartial when officiating Blakes’s matches, including Jan 15th, which saw Zuto make a 3-count for a Blake win over Courageous Cruz.
- Coach Jim Shorts has reported that “Canada’s Proudest Son’ Jason Leigh has permanently moved to our neighbor to the North, citing that he could no longer stomach the United States. Shorts, still in possession of Kid America’s USA flag, has hooked up with Mr. Ooh La La and a new acquisition, known only as the Russian Assassin. Little is known about the Assassin other than he grew up in Moscow during the Cold War and has never come to terms with it ending in the early 90’s. On March 5th, this new tandem go face to face with “America’s Heroes” Kid America & Courageous Cruz!
- “Fighting Paramedic” Corey Blaze had a big win on Jan 15th over Mr. Ooh La La. On March 5th, he tries his luck against the tough veteran in CUJO the Hellhound!
- Finally, “ECWA Grand Slam Champion” Aden Chambers returns to the ECWA, apparently still distracted by the other ECWA Grand Slam Champion, Hall of Famer and the very FIRST ECWA Super 8 champion, the RETIRED Ace Darling. Chambers has been mocking Darling and his current life as a family man. Darling is said to not be happy with the stunt Chambers pulled on Jan 15th, when Chambers wrestled a “FAKE” Ace Darling, complete with a kitchen apron, gloves and a toilet cleaning brush! Is Chambers over his obsession with Ace and is he ready to continue to build his legacy in ECWA? Be there Mar 5th to find out!
SUPER 8 NEWS
This week the third competitor to the 15th Annual ECWA Super 8 Tournament was announced as the “2010 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Rookie of the Year” Adam Cole, who now joins 2009 & 2010 Super 8 Finalist Tommaso Ciampa and “New Horror” Sami Callihan in this year’s field of 8.
The Super 8 takes place on Sat, Apr 30th at the FLYERS SKATE ZONE in Voorhees, NJ.
For tix and info call 609.220.5598 or visit www.ecwaprowrestling.com
Tune into IN THE ROOM every Tuesday for the announcement of another Super 8 competitor with Brady Hicks at www.thebradyhicks.com. You can also check out archived interviews with the first three competitors as well as other great interviews with AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Kevin Thorn, Don West and many more!!!
East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA)
Sat, Mar 5th, 2011
Greater Newark Boys’ & Girls’ Club
109 Glasgow Drive, Rt. 40 & #1 Positive Place
Newark, DE 19702
Doors Open: 6:00 PM
Bell Time: 7:00 PM
1. HANDICAP MATCH: “ECWA Heavyweight Champion” MEGA & Cha Cha Chance vs.
“Revolution” JJ Crew Guy, “Chick Magnet” Mozart Fontaine and “Pitbull”
Timothy Richards w/ Sebastian Night
2. ECWA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Best Around (c) vs. Matt Saigon &
3. ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title Match: Chris Wylde (c) vs. Mr. Scott Wright
4.”Heavyweights” Dan Eckos & Sean Royal vs. “Magnum’s Modeling Agency”
“Simply Irresistible” Travis Blake & Press Agent Gus Grand w/ Magnum
5. “Greek God” Papadon vs. Bazooka Joe
6. “America’s Heroes” Kid America & Courageous Cruz vs. Mr. Ooh La La &
Russian Assassin w/ Coach Jim Shorts
7. “Fighting Paramedic” Corey Blaze vs. CUJO the Hellhound
Plus “ECWA Grand Slam Champion” Aden Chambers has issued ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE!
For all show information, venue, tickets, directions “click here”
TICKETS AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE & THE DOOR
For info and reserved seating call (609) 220-5598
or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW TICKET PRICES
$15.00 for adults 13 years of age and older
$10.00 for kids 12 years of age and under
$8.00 special price for all those Boys’ & Girls’ Club Members with ID
(ONLY tix purchased in advanced are reserved seating; tix purchased at
door night of show are “first come, first served”)
Also, we will have ECWA Logo T-Shirts for sale $10.00 each!!!
Card Subject to Change*
Tune into HeartStopper (HRTSTPR) Radio for archived radio broadcast of commentary from past ECWA events at www.experience.com and www.sports.experience.fm. HRTSTPR Radio is coming soon to WVUD-Newark 91.3 FM, Thursdays 4-6 PM. Stay tuned!
For information on ECWA’s sister promotion, the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA), please visit www.twaprowrestling.com
* Delaware Dept of State Advertising Permit No 116